Rental time is available on all of our LongArms
- Handi Quilter Fusion w/ProStitcher
- Handi Quilter Amara
Renter must take our rental certification class before renting a machine.
- Classes are scheduled by appointment
- The class will last 3-4 hours
- Class is limited to 1 person (2 friends may take the class together)
In the class, you will learn how to thread the machine, how to wind a bobbin, how to layer the backing, batting and quilt properly on the machine, how to use pantographs or free motion, how to start/stop the machine and more.The certification cost is $75. (If you go 6 months without renting a machine, you will need to take a recertification class for $40)WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY RENTAL FEE –
- The use of a cleaned and oiled, state of the art long-arm quilting machine with a stitch regulator.
- Use of the bobbin winder if you want to wind your own bobbins.
- First 3 bobbins and thread from our available threads
- Rental Fee: (appointments must be made for rental time)
- $20 per hour for freemotion or computerized
- Machine needles – $1.50 ea per broken/bent needles
- Variegated or specialty Threads (5.00 per quilt)
- Batting: You can bring in your own batting or purchase it from Thread Bear (next door).
will be available when you rent the machine. The cost is $20 and will include the following: loading of the backing, batting and quilt top onto the machine, full bobbins will be loaded for you and the machine will be threaded with the thread color of your choice. The thread, quilt top, backing and batting must be dropped off a minimum of one day before your rental time. This is an optional service but it does cut down on the time to load your quilt during your rental when you can be sewing.